For more than 30 years, VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead-Acid) batteries have been commonly used and dominate the UPS market.
VRLA batteries are electrical rechargeable, based on a chemical reaction of lead plates in aqueous solution of sulfuric acid.
VRLA batteries feature valves that have a one-way, pressure-relief design. These low-pressure valves prohibit air entering the cell, while permitting gases to vent from the cell if the gas pressure becomes too great inside the battery.
- Mature & common technology solution. Easy to find in different regions.
- High availability of sizes, capacities, and wide selection of discharge rates.
- Maintenance free with no need to add liquid to the battery.
- Leak proof - a glass-mat separator absorbs the electrolyte, holds it between the lead plates and prevents leak or spill
A complete power backup solution is comprised of two additional components:
- Circuit breaker (CB) kit, installed between the batteries and the UPS
- A battery rack for storing batteries in multi levels shelves
Flexible VRLA Battery Racks
SolarEdge Critical Power VRLA battery racks store 60 batteries (per cabinet) to backup three phase modular UPS systems from 25kVA up to 1200kVA.
Key benefits and main features
- Designed to hold standard VRLA batteries, ranging in capacity from 20Ah to 90Ah
- Can also support non-standard size and capacity requirements
- Available in three different physical dimensions
- Compatible with a wide range of battery vendors
- Sturdy, compact, and easy to assemble on site
- Includes: battery shelves, interconnect wires between batteries and casing Built-in short circuit branch protective fuse box