Lithium-ion batteries, commonly used for electronics portable devices and electric vehicles, are now growing in popularity as the backup energy storage solution for UPS systems.
While valve regulated lead acid (VRLA) batteries have long been the industry choice for UPS, lithium-ion batteries offer additional benefits, while still meeting required backup runtime and are a safe and stable alternative battery option for UPS applications.
Kokam Li-Ion Batteries for SolarEdge UPS systems
Kokam, part of SolarEdge corporation, develops innovative Li-ion battery solutions, including batteries and battery racks for SolarEdge's UPS systems. Kokam batteries provide unparalleled performance and pre-assembled solution for ease of installation and maintenance.
Vision Li-Ion Batteries for SolarEdge UPS systems
Vision Group, a leading global UPS battery vendor, delivers cost-effective & reliable Li-ion storage solutions.
Vision’s battery cabinet supports an enhanced parallel connection of up to 15 cabinets, applicable for application scenarios with different loads and backup time.
Key Benefits and Main Features:
- Higher energy density and lighter weight, allowing integration of batteries into the UPS, providing faster and more reliable field installation and start-up
- Provides 4 to 8 times longer cycle life and high-power density compared to lead-acid battery
- Optional Discharge at high rates, providing short backup time for high power loads
- High battery utilization
- No open-circuit failure mode during normal operation
- Integrated monitoring of individual cell’s voltages and temperatures
- Integrated safety breakers and wire management
- Supports up-to ~2500 charge and discharge cycles