With the accelerating demands for data and always-on communications, the Critical Power Division of SolarEdge delivers products and solutions that power critical computers, data storage and machines in a broad range of applications, such as data centers, medical imaging, operating theaters, control centers, laboratories and production lines, all over the world.
As a member of our Mechanical group, you will be responsible for developing all SolarEdge's line of products. We are searching for a self-motivated and passionate Mechanical Engineer team leader to manage team of engineers, mentor and take part in research and development of the company's innovative products in the fields of renewable energies.
We are located in Modi’in.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, mentor and Design parts for plastic injection, die cast, extrusion and sheet metal.
- Electronic packaging design of outdoor products with high power dissipation.
- Mechanical design PCB.
- Preparation of production files including mechanical drawing, PCB mechanical drawings.
- Specification review and approval of manufacturing tools and molds.
- First article inspection review and approval.
- BSc / MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven team management experience - small teams (up to 5 Engineers)
- 5-10 years of experience in mechanical design
- At least 2-3 years in electronic packaging design to meet safety and environmental requirements.
- Experience in products design for manufacturing by plastic injection, die casting and metal forming - Must.
- Experience in PCB design - Must.
- Experience in design with SolidWorks-Must (3D CAD software- Advantage).
- Experience in drawings and production files preparation - Must.
- Experience in validation, testing and troubleshooting of mechanical first articles - Must.
- Experience in production support.
- Experience with PDM/PLM and ERP software - Advantage.
- Experience in thermal and strength evaluations - Advantage.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent team relationships.
- Ability to work on several project in parallel.