SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy and the world’s #1 solar inverter company in revenue with millions of systems installed in 133 countries. SolarEdge addresses a broad range of smart energy market segments through its PV, storage, UPS, EV charging, battery, electric vehicle powertrains, and grid service solutions.
SolarEdge’s Critical Power Division delivers innovative products and solutions that powers critical equipment a broad range of sectors. With the accelerating demands for data and always-on communications, we have been powering data centers, computer rooms, medical imaging, control centers, laboratories and production lines, all over the world, for over five decades.
This is a great opportunity to join and lead a new Battery electronics team, which will be part of the R&D department.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Electronics Team Leader with passion with technology and learning new fields, to lead system and electronics engineers and manage end-to-end products development simultaneously.
In addition to direct team management, you will also be accountable for the entire projects, overseeing products readiness and working directly with different departments such as mechanics, software and engineering.
Join us for a long-term rewarding career. Power the future with us in a creative, collaborative and friendly environment
We are located in Modi'in
What will you be doing:
- Leading the technology roadmap in the field of battery, and being a professional focal point
- Managing team of 2 System/Hardware Engineers
- Accountable for timely delivery of new products
- Technical leadership on batteries and electronics
- Manage, liaise and direct multi-teams to ensure projects goals and requirements are met
- Assess potential risks and technical challenges and develop appropriate mitigation plans
- Act as primary contact for product-related queries
- B.Sc. or higher in Electrical Engineering (EE)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in design of new / cutting edge products in the Power electronics field
- 2+ years of previous managing/leading experience
- Must have hands on Board Design experience
- Experience in Analog and/or Power electronics designs (DC/DC topologies design, Analog circuits design, Noise and Signal integrity concerns, Thermal concerns, Component level designs- not a module integrator)
- Experience in DC-DC conversion methods, switched-mode-power-supply (aka SMPS) design and layout – advantage
- Strong ability to multi-tasking
- Analytical and highly motivated, self-driven problem solver
- Ability to work independently, responsibly, out of the box thinking