For complete solutions, SolarEdge offers complementary products, primarily batteries, required to achieve a safe power storage system with minimal maintenance.
The most common battery solution for UPS systems is the Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid battery. VRLA batteries are electrical rechargeable batteries, based on a chemical reaction of lead plates in aqueous solution of sulfuric acid. The VRLA batteries are maintenance free with their regulated valve that ventilates the sealed battery enclosure, releasing gas and preventing any internal high.
VRLA batteries are best stored in a dry, climate controlled room at a temperature of 20-25ºC.
A complete power backup solutions with VRLA batteries is comprised of three main components:
- The VRLA batteries themselves, as the UPS DC power system
- A battery racks for storing batteries in multi levels shelves
- Circuit breaker (CB) kit, installed between the batteries and the UPS
Flexible Battery Racks
SolarEdge Critical Power's battery racks store up to 60 batteries to backup three phase modular UPSs from 25kVA up to 1200kVA.
- Designed to hold standard VRLA batteries ranging in capacity from 20Ah to 90Ah
- Available in 3 different physical dimensions
- Compatible with a wide range of battery vendors
- Sturdy, compact and easy to assemble on site
- Includes: battery shelves, interconnect wires between batteries, built-in protective fuse box and casing
Circuit Breaker (CB) Kit
The CB kit provides safety and protects the UPS and the batteries.
- Disconnect battery for maintenance
- Isolating battery racks from UPS in case of EPO by initiating Shunt Trip
- Properly method of paralleling battery racks during commissioning or at future growth
- Protect battery from deep discharge thanks to Low Voltage Detection (LVD) by initiating shunt trip
- Integrated over current protection with fast blow fuses
- Safe manual three poles disconnect switches
- DC distribution unit for intermediate battery bank connection
- Supports the maximal power capacity of the UPS system
- Wall-mounted, durable, compact, and easy to install